Forum 360 sessions offer engaging conversations with experts covering a spectrum of timely topics including programs, systems, policy, operations, applications, platforms and more.
Treggon Owens, founding partner and CEO of Aerial MOB, provides remarks on, "Unmanned Aerial Systems"
Monday, 5 June 2017, 0930-1130 hrs
Leading researchers working throughout the N+1, N+2, and N+3 research programs will report on the innovations that have come from those programs.
- John Tylko, Vice President, Business Development at Aurora Flight Sciences (Moderator)
- Fay Collier, Project Manager, Environmentally Responsible Aviation Project, Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate, NASA
- Mark Drela, Terry J. Kohler Professor, Director, Wright Brothers Wind Tunnel, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Robert H. Liebeck, Senior Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company
- Alan H. Epstein, Vice President, Technology and Environment, Pratt & Whitney
X-Planes: Discovery Through Flight
Monday, 5 June 2016, 1400-1600 hrs
Panelists with in-depth knowledge of the X-Plane development through NASA’s New Aviation Horizons Initiative share their experiences on what is learned through flight that wasn’t predictable on the ground. How do they differ? Are they making discoveries or merely validating what is already known? Find out during this engaging discussion.
- Starr Ginn, Deputy Aeronautics Research Director, NASA Armstrong Flight Research Center (Moderator)
- Edward Burnett, Senior Fellow, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Arthur Tomassetti, F-35 Marine Corps Program Manager, Lockheed Martin Corporation
The Evolving Culture of Aviation
Tuesday, 6 June 2017, 0930-1130 hrs
We’ve seen a dramatic increase in “new entrants” to global airspace systems. The demand for unmanned and the need to accommodate unmanned aircraft systems has gone up as commercial and recreational opportunities are enabled by rapidly evolving technology. Similarly, commercial space operations are growing, and researchers are envisioning even more disruptive technologies, such as personal air transportation solutions. Regulators and operators must perform a delicate balancing act: accommodating dramatic changes in the users and types of uses of airspace, while maintaining the safety and security of the system. Key stakeholders on both sides will discuss ho new users are adapting their solutions to meet safety and certification criteria, how our current systems and processes can be modified to more easily accommodate these rapid changes while also maintaining safety and efficiency.
- Jesse Kallman, Commercial UAS, Airbus
Tuesday, 6 June 2017, 1400-1600 hrs
Innovative leaders in the field of supersonic transport discuss their non-traditional approaches for developing new products. Discover their different operational strategies, approaches for future standards, new targeted markets, as well as the regulatory issues that need to be addressed.
- Peter Coen, Project Manager, Commercial Supersonic Technology, NASA (Moderator)
- Michael Buonanno, Chief Engineer, QUeSST X-Plane, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Vik Kachoria, President & CEO, Spike Aerospace, Inc.
- Blake Scholl, Founder and CEO, Boom Technology
- Robert Cowart, Director of Supersonic Technology Development, Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 0930-1130 hrs
- Andrew Lacher, Unmanned and Autonomous Systems Research Strategist - Senior Principal, The MITRE Corporation
Aircraft Electric Propulsion: Transforming Aviation
Wednesday, 7 June 2017, 1400-1600 hrs
Panelists will discuss how aircraft electric propulsion is enabling change in aviation as we know it.
- Mike Hirschberg, Executive Director, AHS International
- Joseph Oldham, Director San Joaquin Valley Clean Transportation Center, CALSTART
- Nateri Madavan, Associate Project Manager for Technology, Advanced Air Transport Technology Project, Advanced Air Vehicles Program, NASA Ames
Data Analytics and the Internet of Things
Thursday, 8 June 2017, 0930-1130 hrs
Thursday, 8 June 2017, 1400-1600 hrs
NASA Aeronautics New Aviation Horizons
Friday, 9 June 2017, 0930-1130 hrs
- Rich Wahls, Strategic Technical Advisor, Advanced Air Vehicles Program, Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate, NASA Langley Research Center (Moderator)